Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Last Summer Weekend

While I am excited for classes to start tomorrow, it seems like this summer has flown by. My last weekend before school was super busy!

Friday was Freshmen Move-In Day.
My Delta Gamma sisters and I were on Move In Crew. It was great to be able to meet some new students and see their excitement about starting their college career. I can't believe it has been two years since I first moved in!

Friday night was our soccer game against UK.
I got to be a part of history here at NKU since this was our first home game as a Division 1 university. Plus, it was a record setting audience! The game ended in a tie at 2-2 and made me super excited to cheer on our Division 1 Norse in the Atlantic Sun Conference this year.

Saturday we had Rock and Jock.
Rock and Jock is basically a big kick-off for Greek recruitment and the Orientation Leaders got to wear our letters in front of the freshmen for the first time.

I also got to be reunited with my Delta Gamma sisters and talk to some great freshmen that are interested in going through recruitment.

Finally, today was the Orientation Leader Reunion Picnic so we got to see all of our freshmen again before school starts.
I had a blast at all of the events! It was a great way to end the summer and I hope it is a sign that this will be a great semester.
Good luck to everyone starting classes tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment