Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Interactive Kindergarten Calendar

Thank you to Schroeder Shenanigans and Lucky Little Learners for setting up an awesome linky party! Today we are linking up to share bulletin board ideas with you.
http://www.luckylittlelearners.com/


One thing essential to my classroom is spaces that are functional and easy to maintain. I have two bulletin boards in my classroom. One is completely devoted to displaying student work.


The background is actually the fabric from my college dorm curtains. It lasted the whole year and still looks great for this year.

The other bulletin board is for our calendar time. We complete part of our routine on the Smart Board, but I like having part of it on the bulletin board to reference through out the day.

The actual calendar has wipe-off capability so I have the students physically write the date on the calendar each day. We then discuss what the day of the week is, yesterday, and tomorrow. 

We use the hundreds chart to play games and practice counting. The orange sentence strip is where we will start our number line. We add to it each day.


We keep track of our days of school on the ice cream wipe-off poster. 

I keep our calendar songs in page protectors and change them each month. This set is from growing kinders.blogspot.com. After introducing the songs, I pick a student to lead the songs.


The white sentence strips you see are for our letter of the day and sight words. They also have wipe-off capability and came from the Target dollar spot. 

We also keep our job chart on this board. This owl set is from Carson-Dellosa. 

I attached magnets to the titles and my kiddos' names to make them easy to change out each week. 

I designed this board to be interactive. Anything that needs to be written is completed by the kiddos. 

Like I said earlier, the rest of the calendar is on our Smart board. 

I am so happy to have my bulletin boards ready for the beginning of the year! Only 9 more days to go! :)

Don't forget to go back to the linky party for tons of great bulletin board ideas! 

2 comments:

  1. Whooosh! so many things to set up for Kindergarten! I could never keep up maintaining a calendar! Do you sing the Days of the Week song to the Munsters theme? That was my fav. part of subbing in K! Great blog! Take care!

    -Jessica
    The Whimsical Teacher

    ReplyDelete