Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

100th Day of School

It's hard to believe that yesterday was our 100th day of school. We had so much fun celebrating being 100 days smarter :)

During calendar we have been counting scoops of ice cream each day to get to 100. On the 100th day the kiddos got to make their own giant ice cream cone. We counted by tens and drew ten sprinkles on each scoop. My kinders' cutting skills need some work, but they loved building the ice cream cone!
You can download a free ice cream template from Michaela Almeida.

Then we colored an owl picture and compared it to the picture the students colored on the first day of school. It was so funny to see their faces when they saw the difference. Several of them couldn't even write their name on their paper at the beginning of the year. It was an easy way for them to see some of the progress they have made.


During writing time, we completed this freebie from Two Pink Peas in a Pod. My favorite answers was definitely, " If I had $100 I would buy a scratch off ticket." My student said those were fun ;)

Finally, we made our 100th day snack. I set out 10 cups with 10 different ingredients. The students counted out 10 from each cup to make a snack with 100 items. We had raisins, Cheerios, rice chex, chocolate chips, mini vanilla wafers, goldfish crackers, Cheeze-Itz, marshmallows, M&M's, and pretzel sticks.
Each student went home with a mini 100 Grand bar and a "I'm 100 days smarter" sticker. I have to say, this has been one of my favorite days of the year so far. Only 71 left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment