Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

January Birchbox

I was so excited to get my January Birchbox because it had 7 samples!! I had the normal 5 samples, plus an extra shampoo and conditioner. You can see that this month's theme was 2015- Let's Do This!

I love that the samples are a good size and allow for multiple uses. Here is a closer look at what was in my box this month. Please remember that Birchbox sends samples based on your personal beauty profile, so not everyone receives the same items.
Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm 
I knew I would love this sample before I even tried it! If you read my Best of Birchbox 2014, you know that I love Dr. Jart+ and currently use the Black Label Detox version of their beauty balm. The premium version is just as great and is jam packed with benefits: primer, moisturizer, SPF, and treatment serum. 

Davines Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion
This was my first time using a hair oil and I like that it tamed my frizz and fly away baby hairs. You can use this on damp or dry hair. It also improves hair shine. So far I've been happy with this product.

Davines Shampoo and Conditioner
These were my least favorite samples. I felt like they were heavy for my fine hair and left my hair with a weird texture. I didn't really like the smell either. It just smelled like soap to me.

Harvey Prince Sincerely 
I was pleasantly surprised with this sample. Typically, I'm not crazy about perfumes but this one has a very unique smell. It is a blend of Indonesian clove bud, Indian tuberose, and Japanese orange flower. I like that it has a sweet scent without being overwhelming. I would consider wearing this fragrance in the future. 

Naobay Body Radiance Lotion
I've been using this lotion for two days on the backs of my arms (one of my skin trouble spots). My arms feel hydrated and the skin feels soft. I feel good about using the lotion because it is made almost entirely of natural ingredients and comes in a packages made of sustainable cardboard.

theBalm Stainiac
I was a little nervous to try this lip stain because it looks very red before you put it on. However, it didn't go on as dark and you can add layers of the color. You can see the color in the picture below. I wore a little lip gloss over it. I would like to try the additional colors that it is available in. 
After using my Birchbox products!!
If you are interested, feel free to use my referrall link:

No comments:

Post a Comment