Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

4 Ingredient Dessert

I would like to start sharing at least one recipe each month that I have tried. Mainly because I have a board on Pinterest titled "When I Learn to Cook" and there's no time like the present right?  Maybe the problem is that I'm a picky eater. And when I see a recipe that has 10 ingredients I'm immediately looking for something simpler. 

I'm actually a pretty good baker so I decided to start with a super simple recipe that I got from my Mom. I needed a dessert for a New Year's get together and this one only has 4 ingredients! All of which we already had in the pantry. Yet, I still managed to mess something up. Opps...learn from my mistakes.
Wasp Nest Cake 
You will need:
1 3oz. Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding
2 cups milk
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 package of butterscotch morsels

Preheat your oven to 350.
 
Step One:
Mix the milk and pudding mix. Bring it to a boil. Be sure to do this slowly and remember to stir or you will end up with a scorched pot like me. 
 
Step Two:
Remove from the heat and stir in the dry cake mix. 
Step Three: 
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle the butterscotch morsels evenly over the top.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and you are done!

This is what it will look like when you take it out of the oven. It is supposed to resemble a wasp's nest, hence the name. Let it cool and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment