Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Favorite Five Friday: Sorority Big Sister

 
 

Finding out who my sorority big sister was last year has been one of my favorite college memories. I can't believe that day was a whole year ago and that I find out who my little is going to be tonight! The relationship between a big and little is like no other and I am so excited about taking on this new responsibility.
My Big, Mollie, has been awesome and here are some of my favorite things about her. These are qualities that I am going to strive for as I become a big sister this year.
 
1. A good big encourages you to be your best self. Within your chapter, on your campus, and within life in general, my Big always encourages me to get involved on campus and be successful in my classes and all that I do.
2. A good big is always there for you. I don't know how many times a week I am texting and calling my Big with all of my questions or because I have yet again lost something. If I have a bad day she is always there to make me smile.
3. A good big can have fun doing anything. My big and I can have the best time looking at the humor board on Pinterest or at our sorority's formal. She shouldn't pressure you to do things you don't want to do.
4. A good big teaches you about your sorority. My big was there guiding me through my initiation process and is still teaching me things about our chapter and organization. She helped me learn the greek alphabet and quizzed me before I went through initiation.
5. A good big always shows you love. It doesn't have to be through presents, but it can simply be through a text or hug. Sometimes it might even be tough love.
I understand that not everyone has the most amazing relationships with their Big, but you shouldn't let it ruin your greek life experience. You have a whole chapter of women to support you. Work on building those other relationships and find an older member in your chapter that you can look up to.
 
To my future little: I can't wait to reveal who I am and spoil you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment