Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Having a Great Boss


This summer I had the pleasure of working with some really great staff at NKU in the New Student and Parent Programs Office. I have truly found that the people in this office genuinely care about NKU and its students. Working for them has helped me grow as a person since they are not only great bosses, but also great mentors.

I wanted to show my appreciation for all of their hard work. Here is a gift that you can adapt to use for your boss or a co-worker that you appreciate.


Supplies:
Container: tumbler, coffee mug, desk organizer

Various Office Supplies: I went with pens and post it notes. Other ideas: rubber band ball, paper clips, binder clips, labels, etc.

Candy:It's a bonus if you know their favorite type

A handwritten note of thanks

Notecards

I made this note cards and wrote a personal message on each one to stick in the cups. I trimmed two different colors of card stock to the sizes I wanted. Using a circle punch, I cut the apples out from a piece of patterned paper. I then inked around the edges of the smaller card stock and the circle before putting it all together.

This gift is super simple, useful, and a great way to show your appreciation for someone you work with. Give this gift just because, or adapt it for a special occasion like a promotion, beginning of the school year for a teacher, or welcoming someone new to your office.


No comments:

Post a Comment