Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

(Friends) Getting Engaged!


My roommate for the summer, Erin, just got engaged last week at Disney World! Just look at that proposal picture! Dean did a great job of surprising her and the call I recieved after it happened was priceless. I couldn't wait for her to get home and tell me all the amazing details. I knew I wanted to decorate the room and surprise her when she got back so I rushed to Hobby Lobby. Erin came home to white streamers everywhere with big plastic diamond rings (below) I found in the "Princess Party" section. I thought they were perfect for the occasion!

As an engagement gift I also got Erin a wedding magazine and picture frame that said "Fairy tales do come true"  for her proposal picture. This was the first time I'd actually bought an engagement present so I wasn't sure what to look for. I thought it would be a good idea to keep a few ideas ready for future engagements and here are a few of my favorites:
Pinned Image
 A decorated journal to store all of their wedding ideas in! This one can be bought from ThePurple Table on Esty for $9.00 or it would be an easy DIY project.
Engagement gift bag for the bride! This idea comes from formalfringe.com and is filled with wedding themed books, magazines, and a DVD. A bag full of spa items could also be an option to help the bride and groom relax throughout the wedding planning process.
Elegant Bridal Hanger, Bridal Shower Gift, Engagement Gift, Wedding Hanger, Wedding Dress Hanger
I also love these personalized hangers that can be found all over Etsy. This one is from DivineDays and is $26.00. This is perfect for those pictures of the wedding dress.
 It is definitely a sign that you are growing up when it seems like everyone in your Facebook feed is getting engaged. Now I won't have to mindlessly wonder around Hobby Lobby trying to figure out the perfect gift the next time a friend gets engaged! Best wishes to Erin and Dean as they start their life together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment