Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Service and Honor:Proud Greek

This past week has made me so proud to be a member of the Greek community!
First, I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Spina Bifida Half-Marathon with my sisters. We were able to cheer on all of the participants and passed out water during the race.
 
Not only was it inspiring to see all of the runners, but I was proud to see my sisters volunteer through the pouring rain until the very last participants completed the half-marathon.
 
This week I also had the honor of being initiated into Order of Omega, an organization that recognizes the leadership and achievement of fraternity men and sorority women across the U.S. To be tapped for membership you must be a junior or senior who has exemplified high standards in the areas of scholarship, leadership and involvement.
 
 
I was welcomed into Order of Omega by several of my Delta Gamma sisters. This week has been one of those times when I look back and think, I am so happy that I went Greek! It has opened up so many opportunities for me and has only pushed me to be a better version of myself.
To learn more about Order of Omega you can visit their website:http://www.orderofomega.org/  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment